Information Systems Technician
ITs are system administrators that support the people and equipment required for every mission, including telephones, computers, and network systems.
ITs are responsible for computer and voice networks. You'll be a system administrator for unclassified and classified systems, and manage hardware, firmware, and software to keep units' IT resources online. Aboard a cutter, you'll use your skills to support tactical command, control, and communications systems. ITs are also assigned to electronics support units, providing critical support to computer systems at various units to keep them mission capable.
- Interested in computers, networks, or technology?
- A go-to electronics fixer for friends or family?
- Excited to solve challenging technical problems?
- Interested in a STEM career?
- ITs receive a 28-week rating course in Petaluma, CA, with instruction in maintenance and management of computer servers and workstations, copper and fiber cable installation, network management, telephone system programming, IT system administration, and software and hardware installation.
- Advanced training in telephone services such as voicemail, auto attendant, and telephone class of service modifications.
- Specifically, the Cyber Technology program is available to the IT rating. Voluntary cyber security educational opportunities are available through Navy Community College.
- Network and Computer Systems Administrator
- Computer and Information Systems Technician
- IT Customer Support Specialist
- Information Technology Project Manager
- Computer Programmer