SKs are skilled at logistics, purchasing, and contract management.
SKs purchase the supplies that keep the Coast Guard running. From computers to spare parts for boats and aircraft, you'll handle logistics, track inventory, and account for funds. You'll become an expert in federal acquisitions procedures, contracting, government property management, and accounting. SKs are assigned to a wide variety of units ashore and afloat.
- Good with math and analytics?
- Comfortable with computer software?
- A skilled communicator?
- SKs receive an 8-week rating course in Petaluma, CA, with instruction in procurement, shipping and receiving, inventory management, accounting, and records and reports.
- Contract specialist, contracting officer, and contracting officer representative training. Certifications as defense financial manager, public accountant, logistics technician, logistics associate, production and inventory management, transportation professional, and accounts payable professional.
- Specifically, the Financial Accounting and Contract Management programs are available to the SK rating.
- Accountant or Financial Analyst
- Supply Chain Manager
- Contracting Specialist
- Property and Asset Manager
- Purchasing Agent