YNs specialize in military human resources issues, ranging from pay to travel and assignments.
YNs are human relations problem-solvers, uniquely specialized to support the needs of the military. You'll assist with the hiring and separation of members, and manage personnel records to ensure pay and entitlements are correct. For members' major life events, from promotions to moves or even adding new dependents to the Coast Guard family, you'll make sure it happens seamlessly. YNs are assigned to a wide variety of units.
- Customer service-focused?
- Comfortable with computer software?
- YNs receive an 8-week rating course in Petaluma, CA, with instruction in human resources, record management, payroll accounting, travel reimbursement, and personnel transfers.
- Paralegal training.
- Specifically, the Yeoman Business Administration and Management and Paralegal Studies programs are available to the YN rating.
- Office Administrator
- Customer Service Representative
- Client Service Associate
- Benefits Specialist
- Human Resources Specialist